Yes this is another ice cream recipe because I am OBSESSED with making ice cream okay? Everyone will deal! This one is a little different though. I decided to step away from my typical ice cream recipes that require the Kitchen Aid ice cream attachment and create a no churn recipe. Basically, you make it, freeze it and serve! It takes NO time. For my first attempt, I went for a recipe that is similar to the Talenti Caramel Crunch that I love, and created a No Churn Caramel Chocolate Chip Ice Cream!
No Churn Caramel Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
A simple no churn ice cream with caramel and chocolate chips.
- 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Ice Cream Ingredients
- 1 Can Sweet Condensed Milk
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Vanilla Bean
Combine all of the caramel ingredients (cream, vanilla extract, brown sugar, unsalted butter) into a medium size saucepan.
Heat for about 5-7 minutes over medium heat until the caramel begins to bubble. Once it bubbles then remove from heat.
Store caramel in the fridge to cool before combining with ice cream.
Combine can of sweet condensed milk, chocolate chips and vanilla extract in bowl. Scrape out the contents of one vanilla bean and add to the mixture. Whisk until it is all combined well. The vanilla bean will break up as you whisk it.
Whip 2 cups of heavy whipping cream with stand mixer or hand mixer until whipped to stiff peaks.
Gently fold whipped cream mixture in with condensed milk mixture.
Use another container to free (check tips for the one I recommend). Begin by adding a few spots of caramel on the bottom of the container. Add a layer of ice cream. Repeat until finished.
Freeze for 4-6 hours.
A few tips
- This ice cream is super easy and great to make with kids! If you are looking for something quick without having to use an ice cream maker it is a great alternative.
- I recommend throwing your kitchen mixer bowl in the fridge for about five minutes before whipping your cream. It works better with a cold bowl.
- I also have added the Tovolo Glide ice cream container to my collection! With the layering I did for this ice cream, it was very helpful to have the longer container. It also fits on your freezer door well.
- There is no sugar in the recipe because the sweetness comes from the sweet condensed milk.
- With the chocolate chips, feel free to add more! I prefer less so the recipe has less.
- You can definitley use store bought caramel as well. I just thought I would try my hand at homemade caramel and it was much easier than I thought it would be!
Thanks for indulging me with all of my dessert recipes! I promise I cook other stuff, but it’s never thought out enough to share a recipe lol.