So, I am a part of an awesome blogger family made up of black bloggers from around the world! We have bonded over our shared love of food and our desires to have successful blogs! These ladies (and a few gentlemen) are true friends, so what do friends do? They gather over food of course! Since we have miles and oceans between us, we decided to host a virtual Thanksgiving potluck. Here is the best part, you all get to enjoy it too! Curated by my blogger friend Dash of Jazz, this menu is made up of the best contributions of talented black food bloggers from around the country and reflects our shared Thanksgiving experiences! Enjoy our Black Bloggers Virtual Thanksgiving!
The Main Event
Deciding who makes the turkey or ham for Thanksgiving should not be taken lightly! If it is your year, rest assure,you are in good hands with the below recipes!
- How To Deep Fry a Turkey– Sweet Savant
- How to Make a Glazed Ham without a Recipe – The Hungry Hutch
- Honey Mustard Glazed Ham – Especially Southern Dishes
If I am being honest, I can make a whole meal out of side dishes during the holidays. Since you can never have too many, scroll below and pick up some new recipe ideas!
- Southern Collard Greens – Brown Sugar Food Blog
- Green Beans and Potatoes with Bacon – Whisk it Real Gud
- Southern Cornbread Dressing – Especially Southern Dishes
- Twice Baked Sweet Potato Pudding – Marisa Moore Nutrition
- Smooth and Creamy Mashed Potatoes – Sweet Tea and Thyme
- This African’s Smoked Gouda Baked Mac N Cheese– This African Cooks
- Vegan Oven Baked Mac & Cheeze – Pretty Brown Vegan
- Balsamic Glazed Acorn Squash – PlanCookHost
- Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce– Marisa Moore Nutrition
- Creamed Corn – Brandi’s Foodie Diary
- Maple Roasted Carrots – Mash & Spread
- Powerhouse Brussels Sprouts – FoodLoveTog
- Kale + Brussels Sprouts Salad -PlanCookHost
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce – The Hungry Hutch
What’s a Thanksgiving dinner without some great bread? If you are feeling adventurous check out these homemade breads!
- Southern Yeast Rolls -Sweet Tea and Thyme
- Vegan Country Biscuits– Pretty Brown Vegan
- Orange Popovers with Honey Butter– Jem of the South
A friend of mine told me I am good for only sharing sweets on my blog and newsletters. The funny part is I had not even noticed until she told me! So it should be no surprise that my contribution to the potluck is a dessert! Check out all of these sweet things below!
- Banana Trifle – Black Girls Who Brunch (ITS ME!)
- Sweet Potato Praline Bread Pudding -Dash of Jazz
- Peach Dump Cake (Lazy Man’s Peach Cobbler) -Brandi’s Foodie Diary
- Old Fashion Southern Pound Cake – Jem of the South
- Perfect Apple Pie from Scratch – Sweet Tea and Thyme
- Sweet Potato Pound Cake – Simply Lakita
- Bourbon Sweet Potato Pecan Pie – Dash of Jazz
- The Ultimate Red Velvet Cake– Dash of Jazz
- Pecan Pie Bars– First and Full
- Sweet Potato Galette– Whisk It Real Gud
- Apple Cranberry Lattice Pie– The Hungry Hutch
- Classic Sweet Potato Pie – Brown Sugar Food Blog
So let’s be honest, when your family gathers some great drinks are required. Check out these recipes below!
- Sparkling Apple Cider– Especially Southern Dishes
- Cranberry Orange Punch – FoodLoveTog
- Autumn Apple Sangria – Butter Be Ready
- Cranberry Apple Spice Mules– Dash of Jazz
If you had not settled on your menu for Thanksgiving, I think this post has you ALL set! I have a few more recipes not included here that you can check out in my archives here. Plus, I am still perfecting my Sweet Potato Corn Bread so be on the lookout for that as well!
You all enjoy your Thanksgiving!