I have shared my love for my air fryer over the last few months, so I am sure no one is surprised that I am back with another recipe! When I got my air fryer, my sister swore that salmon was the best thing to make in the air fryer. My mind kept seeing the air fryer as a replacement for frying items on the stove. Since I would never drop salmon in a pot of oil, it did not make sense to “air fry” salmon. Welp, I finally did and I am SOLD! For dishes like chicken and fried potatoes, the air fryer is more like another means to replicate traditional cooking methods. For salmon though?? It’s hands down the best way to cook it! Get in to this simple, but delicious Air Fryer Salmon recipe!
Air Fryer Salmon
A delicious and super easy way to cook salmon, in your air fryer!
- 1 Piece of center-cut salmon with skin Can really be any size or cut.
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tbsp Adams Sweet & Smokey Seafood & Salmon Seasoning This is an estimate but you can season to taste by adding more or less.
- 2 tsp oil oil *use an oil olive sprayer
Dab your salmon with a paper towel to remove any excess water. Season with the Adam's seasoning or any other seasoning of your choice.
Place a piece of foil at the bottom of your air fryer. Then put the salmon on top of the foil, skin side down. Top with a few slices of lemon. Lightly spray with olive oil using an oil sprayer.
Cook at 400 for 12-13 minutes. Increase or decrease the time depending on number of pieces of salmon and the thickness. To ensure it is done, use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature is 145 degrees. Serve hot!
- Remember, aerosol sprays like Pam are not recommended on Air Fryers. Use a simple olive oil sprayer like this one from Misto or pour oil on the dish directly.
- I was slow to convert, but I do HIGHLY recommend cooking with a meat thermometer especially with the air fryer. It is so easy to overcook or undercook because we are still getting used to this machine.
- The lemons are not required, but with the air fryer I find that add something like rosemary or lemon works well especially when you put them on top. The air fryer “cooks” them first since they are on top and their smell and flavor permeates through the air fryer and finally the dish.
- I also paired this with my Collared Green Salad. Someone commented that the salad would go well with salmon so I was determined to try it. It is not a must of course, but I do think both of these go well together!
I hope you all enjoy this Air Fryer Salmon recipe which amounts to the easiest way to cook salmon for a nice quick weeknight dinner.