I have a few friends coming to town for the Super Bowl so that means I go into planner extraordinaire looking for things to do etc. It is easy to became overwhelmed with all of the events for the Super Bowl so I decided to make a list one for my own planning and because I figured it would be helpful to you as well. I am a foodie so this list will of course highlight the food events! If you know of an event or deal I do not have shoot me an email and I will add it.
Also, keep scrolling to the bottom for another giveaway
- Starting on Thursday, Navigation street turns into the Navigation Tailgate with authentic tacos, street market arts and vendors. On Thursday this event is free, as the week progresses though the cost increases to $10, so get in early.
- Super Bowl Live actually starts the week before the Super Bowl, so if you are in town early I would go then. If not, Thursday is good day to experience this free family-friendly fan experience. The attraction will also feature some of Houston’s best food trucks.
- This isn’t food related, but I would be remiss if I did not share that Solange will bringing some #blackgirlmagic to her hometown during a free show at Discovery Green (part of Super Bowl Live) on Thursday at 9:30pm. Check out the link of above for the rest of the free concerts.
- Starting Wednesday February 1st through February 4th, my favoritest Houston steakhouse, B&B Butchers will transform into a pop up lounge with a la carte dining from 4-10pm and then a DJ from 10pm-2am. There will likely be a cover charge too so come prepared.
- The Player’s Party at Sam Houston Race Track will feature food, concerts and celebrities from Thursday through Sunday. Purchase tickets here.
- This isn’t a food event, but I figured I would add it since I couldn’t find too much for Friday night. Antonio Brown is hosting a celebrity basketball game with the likes of Snoop Dogg and DJ Khaled. Tickets are pretty reasonably priced at $25.
- On Friday morning from 7am-11am the radio show the Breakfast Club (not be confused with the Breakfast Klub restaurant) are broadcasting live from Prospect Park (Galleria location). Since it’s early I doubt that Prospect will be serving up their signature wings, but if they do, make sure to get you some!
- Starting on Monday January 30th, Capitol Bar Midtown will host the “Food Truck Bowl” featuring Houston food trucks during the day and evening. Head to their Instagram/website to see the list of food trucks.
- Not food related, but every Thursday a group, the Waxaholics hosts an all vinyl party at Alley Cat bar. There will be a cover (boo), but Devin the Dude will be there as well.
- Thursday, Lucille’s is hosting a “Pre-Game Pig Roast & Dance Party” which will include a whole roasted pig and a tiki bar! Cost for food is $15.
- Thursday and Friday, Aces of Taste is taking guests on “flights” to Peru and Thailand! To celebrate the 51st Super Bowl, the events are only $51 dollars. This price includes three courses and three cocktails.
- The 4th annual gumbo cook-off is on Saturday from 11am- 7pm. If you are just visiting Houston, this is a good chance to try popular Houston cuisine and experience our foodie scene.
- Mimosa Mania is from 11am-4pm. This brunch day party will be heavy on the mimosas and music. The event will be at Atlas Pub in the heart of Washington Avenue. The bar kitchen will be open and guests can partake in the mimosa pong tournament! If you are interested in this one, I suggest you get your tickets soon!
- Etta’s will host their brunch pop up on Saturday at 5015. Get there early because it is sure to be packed !
- So this isn’t necessarily food, but I figured you would find a Crown Royal party pretty interesting. The Crown Royal Rumble is from 1-7pm and tickets are on sale now.
- Tailgate on McGowen starts at 11am and goes through 11pm downtown. While it’s a tailgate, the organizers use words like “carefully curated cocktails” so that tells me it will be tad fancier.
- The Taste of the NFL event that I previewed is scheduled for Saturday evening. Check out my previous post for more details and ticket information.
- My blogger friend Ms. Independent is hosting an amazing Pop Shop Houston: Super Bowl Edition which will include pop up food, dessert bars, crafty cocktails, beauty demos and an exclusive shopping experience!
- If you are out in the Sugarland area, the Roof is offering a full menu from 6pm-10pm and late night party from 10pm-2am.
- Davenports, the home of the strongest drinks in Houston, is hosting a block party starting at 2pm on Saturday and Sunday. The block party will include food trucks and a crawfish truck. Purchase your tickets ahead of time here.
- Block parties are the thing for Super Bowl weekend. If you are a Wale fan you should head over to Alley Kat bar for their Good Vibes Only HTX block party! It starts at 4pm and will go through 10pm. Wale is probably going on last, but you should still plan to arrive early.
- Mimosas on Main is a pre-game party starting at 10am on Super Bowl Sunday. Guests will have unlimited mimosas, lite bites and music. I even have a giveaway for this on my Instagram, so head there now to sign up!
- Harold’s Tap Room is running several specials for the big game. There will be an all day happy hour with beer and wine for $5. Then a few pizza and wine/beer deals too!
- I ran into a Brunch event called “Brunch with Bottles & Baddies” on eventbrite. There really are not many details with this event including the location but this is a brunch website SO I figured I would share.
- Sunshine’s Health Food Store & Vegan Deli is hosting a Super Bowl watch party with some fun pre-game activities as well. The event starts at 2pm.
- Bovine & Barley plans to host a Super Bowl watch party. Best part about this spot is it’s downtown and near some of the festivities. Parking can be frustrating in that area so take a taxi!
- Our friends from Flemings are BACK with a giveaway below and also reminding you that they will be playing the game and ready to serve the “bad and bougie” folks who wouldn’t dare watch the game at a sports bar!
Super Bowl Food Deals
- If you are hosting a Super Bowl party, you may want to swing over to PDQ (fast casual spot known for chicken tenders) for buy one get one free on chicken tenders! So if you order 25, you will be upgraded to 50. Seems like an easy way to feed the masses!
- Russo’s pizza has a great party package for $60 bucks which includes a 28″ party pizza with up to two toppings and 20 buffalo wings. The pizza alone can feed 8-10 people, so this is another great way to stock up and save.
- My fave, Lucille’s is offering , 20% off the bill for parties of 6 or more who book their reservation during the week of the Super Bowl (Monday, January 30th – Sunday, February 5th). That is steal for a great local restaurant. Lucille’s is also expanding their brunch to Thursday and Friday as part of the Super Bowl.
- I thought this is fun. Your favorite fast casual spot TGIFridays knows you will be busy on Super Bowl Sunday, so they are making ordering fun and easy. If you tweet @TGIFridays with a football emoji on Super Bowl Sunday you will receive an appetizer for one penny!
You guys should just call me Oprah because I’ve got tons of gifts to give! Here is the deal, Fleming’s was gratuitous enough to offer me gift cards again to share with you all! This time I have two gift cards for $50 for two lucky winners. But that’s not all! PDQ also offered me a gift card to share so you can get your fill of that chicken tender deal!
Here is how to enter:
- Share this post via IG, Twitter and/or Facebook
- After you shared, come back here and comment with your Super Bowl plans. Just like that you are entered!
- I will randomly select the winners for these gift cards in the coming weeks
Check back because I will be adding more as I find them!