Has anyone else noticed the extreme rush to get to Christmas this year? I saw full out Christmas decorations before Halloween! It such a pity too because Thanksgiving is a great holiday especially for the foodies! The last few years my mother has conned me into cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the rest of the family. That process takes a lot out of you! For those looking for additional options that do not involve slaving away in the kitchen, Flemings Steakhouse will have all of their locations open on Thanksgiving Day offering a four course meal. Plus, all the wine will be $10/glass, which is perfect because some family dinners require drinks to get through it! This just seems like a great option for those who prefer to make reservations rather bang some pots around the kitchen.
Fleming’s Chef Russell is also sharing some great recipes for your left over turkey. So even if you cannot make it to Fleming’s on Thanksgiving, you can reenact it at home after the holiday :). Here is my favorite reprinted below
Roasted Turkey Quesadillas
- 4, 10 inch Flour tortillas
- 4 oz. Anejo ( or any white cheese)
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup Black Olives
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cliantro leaves picked
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Salsa
- 4 oz Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Red pepper
- 4 oz of onion
- 8 oz of left over turkey
- 1 Cup of Guacamole
- Pam Cooking spray as needed
- Place a large cast iron pan on medium heat. Prepare all of the ingredients prior to cooking. Spray both sides of the tortillas with Pam. Cook on 1 side until lightly brown about 1 ½ minutes then flip over Immediately sprinkle 1/2 oz. of each cheese on tortilla (avoid letting cheese hit the pan)
- Divide the remaining ingredients into 4 portions then arrange all ingredients equally on the tortillas. Top with cilantro leaves and remaining cheese then fold the tortilla in half. Once golden brown transfer to a cutting board
- Repeat with remaining tortilla and ingredients. Cut each quesadilla into 4-5 pie shaped pieces. Serve with your favorite guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
In the spirit of the season of Thanksgiving, I have a wonderful giveaway from the folks at Flemings, a $100 gift card!! To enter complete the following steps and I will select a winner in the coming weeks!
- Share this post on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter
- Comment below with your favorite Thanksgiving dish
- (Optional step) Keep an eye out on snapchat (blckgrlsbrunch) for live drawing!
Good luck and thank you for stopping by my blog.